· The northeast monsoon winds blow from anytime in November to
· The southwest monsoon winds blow from June to October.
The monsoons and the rainfall determine the seasons on the Zanzibar Islands.
There is very little variation in temperature which might otherwise define
the typical winter and summer. Temperatures on the islands vary between
26°C and 28°C with Pemba being slightly cooler and often wetter
than Zanzibar Island.
· Summer - Average temperature on Zanzibar Island is about 28°C.
The hottest months are from December to March.
· Winter - Average temperature on Zanzibar Island is about 25°C.
· Cooling sea breezes and trade winds relieve the humidity on the
coastal areas throughout the year.
The main rains fall anytime from mid-March through to the end of May each
year. There is a second much shorter rainy season in November.